Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Culture Shock 05: International Women's Day (Continued)

This post asks @Google why only today is Pegwoman available? Sure they are doing lots of other great things and encouraging people to think about women and bridging the gap (quite literally).

I am thoroughly disappointed by the lack of coverage on International Women's Day by American news sources in the past 24 hours (yes, I did the search only about 320 hits for "women's day" + America in the last 24 hours, most of which aren't from America) as of this post very few of which were from American sources.

The key contributor is @The Huffington Post. While @Washington Post, @Village Voice, @Search Engine Roundtable, @Christian Science Monitor, @NPR, and @Forbes all have some commentary on it. I was excited to see an ABC hit, but then realized it was ABC Australia. Sure there will probably be more coverage as the day goes on, but really America.

I am very disappointed that this isn't even a blip for major financial newspapers like Wall Street Journal and other male-dominated industry papers. Fail since my parents actually subscribe to the WSJ and I looked thoroughly for the love.

Also a link to my buzz about some publicity from BF. Rock on BF for taking strides towards educating more girls. Frowning at American publicity stunts. Only after living there for a while and really with the people can you see how much some things are twisted to make Americans happy. I don't think that's the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh boy, you have something to say! :D