Saturday, March 1, 2008

In Yako

I am in Yako for the day. Came in with hopes of internet only to discover that the power was out until about 1 pm and the place doesn't open until 4 pm. Got them to open an hour early so I could get in some time before the bus leaves for village. My new strategy to deal with my students: pop quizzes. They are afeared. Put up new photos of kids (see link from last post). Forgot to take a picture of my actual students though; so, that will have to wait until next update. Things have been busy and getting hotter and dustier. When I get more time I will post photos of my wars against dust and flies. The bats are still there. Overall, life has not much improved. Recent rioting (rise in costs of living but no rise in pay rates - most necesseties have nearly doubled in price) has kept me in village as opposed to going to internet (was hoping to come last week).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh boy, you have something to say! :D