Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Culture Shock 01: Waste

I have wasted so much water and electricity upon my return. However, nothing disgusts me more than the waste found here!

I love fashion and art. I understand how the pursuit of either of these can be wasteful more often than not. However, I have never found any art so offensive as this. Especially, in light of the millions of people all over the world who didn't have anything to eat today. I hope these artists are donating something significant to the World Food Programme or something equivalent. While there are definitely pieces of art I have disliked for aesthetic reasons, I have never been disgusted by art.

Today, I was disgusted by art. Tasteful fashion is disrespectful when the raw materials go to waste. Clothes made of food are art when they don't rot and become wasteful, but even with GMO food products, the best outfits won't last for very long.

Candied jewelery that we ate as kids is one thing (not to be confused with that worn by Kandi Kids); meat dresses are another, especially when they are left to rot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh boy, you have something to say! :D