Thursday, June 28, 2007

Hoop Dreams

A quick little post before I head back to class/session. I finally got to play some basketball on Monday. I am glad that I brought a ball, but I really wish I had brought an outdoor ball. While the people here in general are really athletic, there were a lot of people who didnt know the fundamentals of the game. Part of this is related to the lack of resources in the country. There just isnt money to spend on equipment and good coaches when you have to worry about water if it doesnt start raining on time. I think one of my secondary projects will end up being related to teaching basketball and just the fundamentals of teamwork. I guess if I were to really dream big it would be to organize camps for players/coaches for multiple sports so that people can develop their skills on multiple levels.

In case you want to send me things, I would really love candy (that wont melt in hot weather), Cliff/Luna/Granola bars, tea, brownie or cake mix, and letters.

3 comments:

  1. Just enjoy the game, forget about the rule!

    rule made by people, make your own rule and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. basketball is funny game ,just enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Las Vegas 128 F degree

    ReplyDelete

Oh boy, you have something to say! :D